The Revolutionary Frown Line Treatment
DAXXIFY™ is the one and only peptide-powered long-lasting treatment for frown lines. At Cassie Lane Aesthetics, we are among the very first providers to administer this revolutionary treatment to our patients in Richmond, Virginia.
DAXXIFY™ treatment and what makes it unique
The FDA has approved DAXXIFY™ to help reduce the moderate to severe lines between eyebrows. It is the only treatment with effects that last up to six to nine months, on average. Conventional injectables need up to four treatments a year to maintain results that last three to four months. Almost 90% of the patients point out they wish to have longer-lasting results. Fortunately, you can use DAXXIFY™ to maintain your smoothened frown lines for a whole year with just two treatments.
Six months following treatment, the clinical studies showed that around 50% of individuals had no or light frown lines. Nine months following therapy, three to five percent of individuals in clinical tests had no frown lines or only small ones. Between 5-17% of the patients continued to show improvement after nine months in further safety tests.
What makes peptides significant?
The protein that helps to reduce moderate to severe frown lines, botulinum toxin A, must be stabilized for all frown line treatments to work. For instance, human serum albumin (HSA), which is a blood component, is used as the stabilizer in BOTOX® Cosmetic. Another treatment for frown lines, Dysport®, uses HSA as its stabilizer and cow’s milk protein as its protectant. Its formulation, without any byproducts from people or animals, and using a novel peptide as its stabilizer makes DAXXIFY™ unique.
Is DAXXIFY™ well researched?
- Over 2,400 patients of various ages and skin types participated in the largest-ever clinical study for a frown line treatment with DAXXIFY™
- Botulinum toxin type A has been used in frown line treatments for over 20 years and is also the active ingredient used in DAXXIFY™
- When evaluated at four weeks following, 96% of patients in clinical trials reported a 7-point scale satisfaction with the results
- No serious side effects were observed relating to the DAXXIFY™ treatment in the clinical trials
- Important safety information regarding the injection of DAXXIFY™ (daxibotulinumtoxinA-Ianm)
- DAXXIFY™ can cause some severe, life-threatening side effects. Seek medical help immediately if you experience any of the following at any time (hours to weeks) after a DAXXIFY™ injection:
- Problems breathing, swallowing, or speaking caused by the weakening of associated muscles can be severe and even result in loss of life. You are at an increased risk if you have had these problems before receiving the DAXXIFY™ injection. Issues may last for several months
- Spread of toxin effects. Botulinum toxin can affect areas away from the injection site and cause serious symptoms that include all-over muscle weakness and loss of strength, drooping eyelids, blurred vision, and double vision, a change in your voice or loss of voice, hoarseness, trouble speaking clearly, loss of bladder control, trouble breathing and swallowing
Please do not opt for DAXXIFY™ treatment if:
- You have experienced allergies to any of its ingredients (please see Medication Guide for ingredients)
- Your planned injection site has a skin infection
- You have had allergic reactions to other botulinum toxin products such as incobotulinumtoxinA (XEOMIN®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®/BOTOX® Cosmetic), rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), prabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs (JEUVEAU®) or abobotulinumtoxinA (DYSPORT®)
- Please note that the dosage of DAXXIFY™ should be compared with any other botulinum toxin product
- You must inform your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, which may also include:
- Any plans to have surgery
- Have had surgery on your face
- Any side effects you may have from botulinum toxin products, like dry eyes, problems with swallowing and breathing, heart problems, or bleeding problems
- Drooping eyelids
- Weakness of forehead muscles
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding or plan to become pregnant or breastfeed
- You must let your healthcare provider know about all your medications, including over-the-counter and prescription medicines, herbal supplements, and vitamins.
DAXXIFY™, when used in combination with certain other medicines, can cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines without informing your healthcare provider that you have received DAXXIFY™ treatment in the past.
If you have received any other products containing botulinum toxin in the past or within the previous four months, please make sure to tell your healthcare provider. Also, mention the exact product you had received previously (BOTOX®, BOTOX® Cosmetic, DYSPORT®, JEUVEAU®, MYOBLOC®, or XEOMIN®).
DAXXIFY™ can cause serious side effects, including:
- Allergic reactions (such as itching, redness, rash, swelling, trouble breathing, wheezing, feeling faint, or dizzy)
- Heart problems (such as heart attack and irregular heartbeat)
- Eye problems (including dry eyes, corneal problems, and reduced blinking)
If you experience any of these side effects, please make sure to tell your healthcare provider or receive medical help immediately.
Clinical studies carried out for the treatment of glabellar lines using DAXXIFY™ at the dosage of 40 Units did not report any serious adverse events of the distant spread of the toxin effect. The most commonly observed side effects of DAXXIFY™ include eyelid drooping, headache, and loss of ability to move facial muscles.
Above mentioned are only a few of the many side effects of DAXXIFY™.
To learn more about this unique treatment, see the full Prescribing Information, including the Boxed Warning. You may also refer to the Medication Guide or speak with your provider at Cassie Lane Aesthetics at (804) 913 2262.
Approved Use of DAXXIFY™
Adults with moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows can temporarily improve their appearance by injecting DAXXIFY™ into the muscles.